Foundations for buildings, constructions or utilities are often made of poured concrete , usually reinforced with steel.
- The production of the cement used in concrete uses a great deal of energy
- Considerable earth removal and preparation of concrete is normally required
- When no longer required the foundation cannot be easily removed or resued
- Screw piles doesnot require earth works – they are screwed into the land
- Screw piers can be refused if the site is only temporary
- Steel screw piers don’t rust – they are protected from the elements under the soil and any exposed part should be suitably coated to prevent rusting